- Find Tiles in a Room quickly by clicking on the Rooms main menu option at the bottom left hand side of the screen.
- After you add a new Room, remember to “Share” it with other users. The act of sharing adds members to a Room whereby other users may either view the contents of the Room or edit the Tiles in a Room. They can also join in on meetings in a Room. To share a Room, click on the icon beside the Room name.
- The menu option for a Tile only appears when you click on the triangle icon in the upper right corner of any Tile.
- Change the view of Tiles in a Room by selecting one of options in the "View" dropdown menu list.
- Files/Comments/Tasks – click on the bottom of the Tile to access functions.
Tips for First Time Users
- If you have received an invitation email from email@example.com for user authentication, please click on the link that is provided to access the Internet browser login page. Also included in the invitation email is the temporary password.
- ID: Please use the same email address destination received from firstname.lastname@example.org to login.
- Password: Use the temporary password provided (either by the authentication email or from your administrator), you may change it yourself after logging in.
- To change your password, click on your displayed name or user’s name at the top right section of the page and select “Settings”. A dialog box will be displayed to allow you to change your password.
You can find the default objects "My rooms", "Rooms shared with me" and "Calendar" in the main area of the page after you login.
- After you login, you can find Rooms that have been shared with you in the main area of the page.
- You can view the Rooms in Tiles or Table view by selecting the options in the “View” dropdown menu list.
Creating a room
- To add a new Room, click on the “+Add” button shown at the upper top left area of the page and select “Room”.
- A dialog box will be displayed for you to enter a Room name and specify optional settings such as Room description and how the Room is shared.
- Click on the button “Add room”. Your new Room will be created and displayed.
- You may also add additional rooms inside the one that you just created.
Creating Tiles in a Room
- To add a new Tile, click on “+Add” button shown at the upper top left area of the page and select “Tile”.
- A dialog box will be displayed for you to enter a Tile name and specify optional settings such as Tile description, related documents, and importance.
- Click on the button “Add tile”. Your new Tile will be created and displayed.
Uploading Files in a Room
- To add a new File, click on “+Add” button shown at the upper top left area of the page and select “Files”.
- A dialog box will be displayed for you to select Files to be uploaded from either your computer or your Google Drive.
- To upload Files from your Google Drive, you will need to configure your connection in your user settings.
- After selecting your Files to upload, click on the button “Open”. Your Files will be uploaded into the Room as new Tiles.
Configuring Your Google Drive
- To connect your Google Drive to Rooms, click on your displayed name or user’s name at the top right section of the page and select “Settings”. The “Edit Settings” dialog box will be displayed.
- Click on “Remote services connection” and select “Connect to Google Cloud API” to connect your Google Drive to Rooms.
Downloading Files in a Room
- To download a File in a Tile, scroll to the File located in the Tile and click on the triangle icon that is displayed beside the File.
- Click on “Download File” to download the file to your computer.
Creating a Task for a Tile
- To create a new Task, scroll to the relevant Tile, click on “Tasks”, and select “Add new task”.
- Specify the details of the task, such as title, due date, and priority.
- Click on “Add” button to create a new Task for the Tile.
Adding Comments to a Tile
- To add comments to a Tile, scroll to the relevant Tile and click on “Comments”.
- Enter your comments for the Tile.
- Press “Enter” to add a new comment to the Tile.
Sharing Rooms with Others
- You can only share a Room if you are the owner of the Room.
- To share a Room, click on “Change sharing settings” beside the Room name.
- Alternatively, you can click on “Room Options” located at the top right hand section of the page and select “Share room”.
- Start typing the name of the person or group for a matching list of people and groups that you may select from.
- After selecting the relevant people and groups to share the Room with, click on “Save” button.